It’s that time of year again – planning for summer camp. Summit DD will once again be supporting camp experiences for eligible individuals during the summer months. Best of all, you choose the camp! Any camp that is willing to enter into a contract with Summit DD is eligible to have approved costs covered.
Here are three easy steps to get started:
- Apply to the camp of your choice
- Get accepted into the camp
- Complete the funding request form, authorizing Summit DD to fund camp services
After that, Summit DD will take care of the following for you:
- Determine if you have a co-pay for your camp. (This will be based on the same schedule as the Family Support Services program.) If additional information is needed we will contact you.
- Inform you and the camp that was chosen the amount that Summit DD will be reimbursing for services. Please note, you will be responsible for all costs beyond what Summit DD will be reimbursing to the camp.
Below are camps that currently have contracts with Summit DD for the Summer of 2015. However, if you would like your child to attend a camp not on the list, that is still a possibility if the camp is willing to enter into a contract with Summit DD (The camp must be willing to enter into a contract with Summit DD to be considered for funding.) Our Camp Coordinator will be overseeing this process again this year to help you though the process. Need summer camp ideas? Check out our 2015 Summer Camp Guide.
2015 camps with Contracts
- Baldwin Wallace
- The Chapel
- Classroom Antics
- Cleveland Society for the Blind
- East Ohio Conf. of the United Methodist Church
- Gentle brook
- The Goddard School (Twinsburg)
- Hall of Fame Residential
- Kozmic Korner
- Pegasus Farms
- Akron Rotary Camp
- Catholic Charities
- Total Education Solutions
If you have any questions or would like to discuss a particular camp, please contact us. We’re ready to assist you. And most importantly, Happy Camping!