Date(s) - 02.15.2018
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Calling all parents and guardians of middle and high school students with special needs: Join Summit DD and other local disability resources for an opportunity to learn and discuss important topics about your student’s future. The FREE series, Parent Transition Academy, has 3 remaining sessions to help you and your teen navigate the path to graduation and adulthood.
- February 15, 2018
– Transition Pathways, Partners and Planning
– Developing a Quality I.E.P. for Transition
- March 6, 2018
– Financial Planning and Legal Topics for Transition
– Planning for Transitions in Health Care and Mental Health Services
- April 19, 2018
– Transition Panel with Parents and Professionals
– Building Self-Determination and Self-Advocacy Skills
This informational series is presented by the Summit Educational Service Center, State Support Team 8, Medina County Board of Developmental Disabilities, Akron Children’s Hospital, the ESC of Medina, Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities and Summit DD.
For question or to register, please contact Brenda Palinkas with Summit ESC at 330-945-5600 ext. 511234 or register online at the Summit ESC event page.
Copley High School
3807 Ridgewood Road
Copley, Ohio 44321