Date(s) - 11.04.2017
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join Summit DD, local schools, career centers, transition specialists and other community partners at the 2017 Summit County Transition Expo. The Transition Expo provides vital resources to families and focuses on helping teens with developmental disabilities make a successful transition from school to adult life.
This event is FREE and open to the public.
The Expo will have informational sessions for families to learn about a variety of topics. Topics include: support through Summit DD, transportation options, guardianship, vocational support, and Medicaid information among others. In addition to the sessions, there were also more than 50 local agencies, businesses, and organizations on hand to talk with families and answer questions specific to them and their needs.
Break-out sessions include:
- a review of the Ohio Means Jobs website and available services
- Summit County Developmental Disability Services
- Medicaid/Medicaid Waiver info
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Family Panel
- SSI-SSDI-Work (obtaining SSI/SSDI and how working will effect your benefits/COVA)
- transportation options
- Guardianship issues
- Transition 101/Backwards Planning
- Adult Education Programs
- and a College Panel with local colleges/universities
Ohio Means Jobs
1040 E Tallmadge Avenue
Akron, Ohio 44310