What is Family Support Services (FSS)
Family Support Services, or FSS, is a locally funded program created to help fund services, respite care, therapies, doctor recommended adaptive equipment, accessibility adaptations, or other specialized supports not covered by the state service plan, private insurance, or another funding source.
Funding is based on availability, up to $1,100 per participant per year, and family income. See the 2016 FSS plan for complete FSS Service descriptions, eligibility requirements, and sliding fee scales/copays.
Applying for FSS
To be considered for FSS funding, individuals must be eligible for and currently receive services from Summit DD.To apply for FSS program funding, please fill out the following and submit to the address below.
- 2016 FSS Application
- Waiver for Provider Training 2016
- Substitute W-9 110314
- Substitute W-9 FSS Parent
- Independent Contractor/Worker Acknowledgement (PEDACKN)
Each application is reviewed to determine program eligibility. Families and participants must disclose all available funding sources at the time of the FSS application or at any time funding is awarded. (Participants with other funding sources available may not be eligible to participate in the Summit DD FSS program.) The application process will assess the co-payment needed, if any, for the FSS services.
Services must be approved prior to submitting the reimbursed request. For reimbursement of approved FSS supports, please complete the applicable FSS invoice Form:
- Respite Reimbursement 2016 (Complete Respite Services form only. Record 1 day of service per line, including times the service started and the time it stopped.)
- Reimbursement Other Services 2016 (Complete Other Services form and attach paid receipts or invoices for approved services.)
Submit applications, forms, and documentation to:
Attn: FSS Program
89 E. Howe Rd
Tallmadge, OH 44278
or email FSS@SummitDD.org