Summit DD Connects
Summit County Developmental Disabilities Board, or Summit DD, is your community resource connecting more for more than 4,000 children and adults with developmental disabilities to the supports they need to live a fulfilling life. We believe that people should be treated equally and that everyone deserves the opportunity to set goals and reach for their dreams. We are convinced that communities are richer when they welcome everyone.
March is Developmental Disabilities Awareness (DD Awareness) Month, a time when we come together to bring awareness to the talents that each person has to offer. So this March let’s come together and share the stories, videos and events that encourage inclusion. Connect with us on Facebook. With your help, we can become a community built by the abilities of ALL citizens!
Below are some ideas to help celebrate DD Awareness Month this March. And be sure to check out the downloadables (like #includeME profile pic for Inclusion Pride Day and posters!)
- March 8: Advocacy Day (ICYMI: Check out the video from Advocacy Day)
- March 9: BLAST Pizza Party
- March 12: Siffrin Night at the Canton Charge
- March 16: Inclusion Pride Day (with downloadable profile pics, posters, social media posts and sticker templates)
- March 21-31: Feedback Sessions
- March 29: Appreciation Breakfast (Check out the Award Winners here!)
…and celebrate all year long!
- April 16: Transition Expo
- June 19: Inclusion Day with the Akron RubberDucks
Meet Super Joe, an energetic, fun-loving five year old who has a smile that can melt your heart and has yet to meet a challenge he can’t tackle.
See the world through Jacob‘s eyes. He’s a young man who through his friendships and sense of community makes the world a better place, one person at a time.