Supporting School-Age Kids with Special Needs
While your local school district is in charge of administering services for children with special needs between the ages of 3 and graduation, Summit DD is still available to you and your family as a trusted resource. We have Referral and Support Specialists (RSSs) available to help you navigate challenges and connect you with community resources. We can help with questions about your child’s IEP or even partner with your school to help you teen prepare for the transition to adulthood and employment like Mikayla did. We also work closely with our community partners on a summer work program that helps teens gain valuable work experience during a typical but important stage in their lives.
Discover a variety of resources available to you and your family here at Summit DD. Let us be your guide throughout your child’s school-age years.
Below are additional helpful resources for parents:
- Check out our event calendar for upcoming Family Training opportunities
- Parent Resources for every stage
- A Guide to Parent Rights in Special Education
- Ohio Department of Education: Special Education
- Disability Rights Ohio
- The Arc
- Parents’ Rights in the Special Education Process
- How to Organize Your Child’s IEP Binder
- Developing IEP Goals
- Advocating for Your Child
- Learn more about Summit DD’s Family Engagement Program
Contact us today and let us support you in the things that matter most to your family.
Are you and your teen starting to plan for the future? Learn more about eligibility, community employment services and other resources to help your young adult discover the path that is the right fit for them.