2022 Action Plan – 2nd Quarter Report to the Community
To reach larger Agency goals, Summit DD uses a longer-term, three-year planning cycle called the Long-Range Plan (LRP). Each year, the LRP is broken down into actionable items, known as the Action Plan, to gauge progress. Our 2022 Action Plan is the first year of the 2022–2024 Long-Range Plan. Find the full plans in the Publications section of our website.
As part of our commitment to the people and community we serve, we’ve put together a report to the community. Below are some highlights of our progress on these goals through June 2022.
- More than 70 transition-age youth and/or families attended a Transition Fair to help prepare students for post-school experiences.
- 60 students participated in Summit DD’s summer youth work program.
- Implemented a quarterly Major Unusual Incident (MUI) newsletter to proactively address trends that may impact health and safety.
- 27 people have been supported by the Family and Children First Council FCFC using shared funding to support youth involved with multiple agencies.
- 10 people have been supported by the Mental Illness/Intellectual Disability Team a multi-disciplinary team representing the multiple Agencies that individuals with dual needs rely on.
- 4 people have used a specialized docket in the Akron Municipal Court for individuals with developmental disabilities, Connect Court.
- Engaged five new providers in the Summit DD locally funded success coach program, this brings the total number of providers who utilize success coaches to 15.
- Attended 13 events to support Direct Service Professional recruitment efforts and began an online campaign, resulting in 10 DSPs placed with partner agencies.
- Conducted 9 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion listen sessions with more than 100 staff.
- Summit DD staff used more than 80 hours of volunteer time supporting community organizations through the Summit DD Gives Back program.
- Participated in 19 community events to increase awareness for Summit DD’s mission.