Summit DD believes supporting our local community is important, and every year we are able to work with local nonprofits to help build a stronger community.
Through sponsorships and volunteering, Summit DD is able to partner with organizations that share our same goals and values, while giving back to the community. This teamwork fosters positive relationships within the community, raises awareness for both organizations and creates a welcoming environment for people of all abilities, but it must be done in a fiscally responsible way.
While we receive many requests throughout the year, there are strict guidelines Summit DD follows for sponsorships and volunteering, including:
- Summit DD can only support 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 organizations that have a direct impact on Summit County.
- Our contributions primarily focus on disability-related causes. We also support social, community, civic, educational, diversity and economic endeavors occasionally, as long as they support our goals.
- All contributions and services must align with our long-range plan and annual operating plan, create positive visibility in our community and fall within our budget and resources.
- We do not sponsor or contribute to organizations that discriminate based on age, sex, race, religion, origin, sexual orientation or disability with respect to employment, volunteer participation or provided services.
- Any request that does not support the Agency’s mission, at the discretion of the Superintendent or his designee, will not be approved.
- Contributions must be made to the nonprofit organization, not a third party acting on behalf of a nonprofit.
- Requests for local, regional or school-based sports teams, as well as individuals, political candidates and campaigns will not be considered.
- Requests from religious organizations will not be considered. However, community programs sponsored by religious groups will be considered.
- Financial requests for capital campaigns will not be considered.
Summit DD enjoys partnering with organizations, activities and events that stay true to our mission, values and goals, and of course, supporting people of all abilities.
To make a request, please fill out our Event and Sponsorship form above. You will be contacted shortly.
For more information, please Contact Us!