Are you behind on your rent or mortgage because of the COVID-19 pandemic? Summit County officials are implementing an assistance program to help those in need. Here are the details from their website below. You can apply online by clicking here.
Summit County CARES is a rental and mortgage assistance program designed to help keep Summit County families and residents housed in the wake of the historic economic recession caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Summit County CARES will administer $6.5 million in rental and mortgage assistance between the months of July and December, or until CARES Act dollars are exhausted. The assistance is intended to cover up to four (4) months of rent or mortgage (not to exceed $5,000), with the first round of payments expected to be dispersed in late July or early August.
Residents may apply July 6 through July 17. After that date funding will be re-evaluated, and applications may be open every month through November 2020 for a period of up to ten (10) business days.
- Be a resident of Summit County;
- Pay rent and have a lease agreement or a mortgage;
- Live in a household that was financially impacted by COVID-19;
- Have an unpaid rent or mortgage balance*; AND
- Gross income cannot exceed 300% of the Federal Poverty Guideline limit.
|Household Size||Gross Monthly Income||Gross Annual Income|