Supporting School-Age Kids with Special Needs
When your child turns three years old, your local school district begins to administer services for your child. But did you know that Summit DD is still available to offer school-age support to you and your child? We have Referral and Support Specialists (RSSs) available to help you navigate questions and challenges and connect you with community resources.
Discover a variety of resources available to you and your family here at Summit DD. Let us be there to help guide you and your child throughout their school-age years.
Below are additional helpful resources for parents:
- Parent Resources for every stage
- A Guide to Parent Rights in Special Education
- Ohio Department of Education: Special Education
- Disability Rights Ohio
- The Arc
- Parents’ Rights in the Special Education Process
- How to Organize Your Child’s IEP Binder
- Developing IEP Goals
- Advocating for Your Child
Contact us today and let us support you in the things that matter most to your family.
Are you and your teen starting to plan for the future? Learn more about eligibility, community employment services and other resources to help your young adult discover the path that is the right fit for her.