On November 7, 2017 Summit DD is seeking to renew our 4.5 mill operating levy. The continuation of funding is critical to ensure more than 4,700 ADULTS AND KIDS with developmental disabilities get the services and supports needed to live their lives to the fullest. Issue 3 is NOT A NEW TAX and will fund services from 2019-2024.
What Issue 3 Supports
- 1,000 kids age 0 to 6 with Early Intervention services
- 280 kids in community child care
- 2,060 adults in facility and community-based jobs
- 1,776 adults with residential supports
Investing in our Community
- 577 private providers monitored for quality care
- $60 Million in federal Medicaid funds invested into our local economy
What Happens if Issue 3 Fails
- Early Intervention will be discontinued for 1,000 kids age 0-6
- Special Olympics support 650 athletes and other quality of life services will be discontinued
- Adults will be placed on a waiting list for necessary services, including residential support or day programs
Summit DD is committed to providing information about the levy, including what it funds and what will happen if it does not pass. Summit DD’s levy campaign is run by a volunteer committee called Support Summit DD and is funded 100% from donations – not tax dollars. To learn more about Support Summit DD, please visit their website.
Want to learn more?
Issue 3 Ballot Language
SUMMIT COUNTY – Proposed Tax Levy (Renewal) –
A renewal of a tax for the benefit of Summit County
for the purpose of providing community developmental disabilities programs and services
by the Summit County Developmental Disabilities Board
at a rate not exceeding 4.5 mills for each one dollar of valuation,
which amounts to 45 cents for each one hundred dollars of valuation,
for 6 years, commencing in 2018, first due in calendar year 2019.