Change Font Size
- 02.07.2023 - Featured Event
- Speaker Series: Guiding Parents & Guardians
Julie Billiart Schools, Dr. Berk, Ph.D. and associates, and Hickman & Lowder – all leaders in supporting children and families with special needs – have come together to present an informative, in-person speaker event series.
Helping Your Special Needs Child Navigate Teen Temptations and Topics
As students mature into young adults, they often experience a natural desire to “fit in”. This desire can sometimes get children into uncomfortable situations, as they may do whatever it takes to “feel normal”. When children don’t always understand social cues and slang, it adds a level of complexity to an already uncomfortable conversation. In this session, our experts will empower you to have these conversations and support your children in navigating these situations.
Attendees will walk away with:
- Tips for students navigating middle school and high school
- Discuss how sex and drugs affect our kids specifically and the added stress of navigating this accessible world
- Tools for parents for having mature conversations with children
Julie Billiart Schools
Jay Berk and Associates
Hickman & Lowder Co. L.P.A.
Search For An Event
Select A Day
- No eventsEvent(s) Scheduled