Summit DD is proud to be part of the ReelAbilities Film Festival again! Hosted at different venues in the Akron and Cleveland area, this film festival has a little something for everyone. ReelAbilities promotes awareness of the lives, stories, and artistic expressions of people with different disabilities and is FREE and open to the public. Films and activities run from throughout September and October.
Along with our partners, the Akron-Summit County Public Library, The Downs Syndrome Association of Northeast Ohio, Cuyahoga County DD, and so many more, we are excited to announce the lineup of films and activities for the 2023 ReelAbilities Film Festival Cleveland and Akron (RAFF).
September ReelAbilities Events
- Akron Eats – World Cuisine and Films: 9/23/23 | 3:00pm | Akron-Summit County Public Library
Take a break from eating and join us for movies and conversation. Akron-Summit County Public Library and ReelAbilities Film Festival: Cleveland & Akron will be hosting a series of short films and talk out to help educate and bring awareness to different disabilities.
October ReelAbilities Events
- A Night of Performance Art: 10/5/23 | 6:00pm | Akron Art Museum
Join us for an evening of film and conversation. Akron Art Museum, ASCPL, and ReelAbilities Film Festival: Cleveland & Akron will be hosting a series of short films paired with post film discussion.
- 2023 Closing Night – Disability, Food and Community Conversation: 10/19/23 | 6:00pm | Summit County Developmental Disabilities Board
Join us for an evening of film and conversation. Summit DD and ReelAbilities Film Festival: Cleveland & Akron will be hosting a film called “Shadow” which will be followed by a community conversation.
- Disability Awareness at the Cleveland Institute of Art Cinematheque” 10/5/23 | 7:00pm | Cinematheque
Join us for a darkly humorous and edgy film with a post film discussion which aims to shed light on the historic unjust treatment of people with disabilities and what the future may hold for all. Content Warning: This film contains strong language and adult themes.
- Fighting for our Lives – ALS: 10/11/23 | 6:00pm | Cuyahoga County Library Parma-Snow Branch
Join us for an evening of film and conversation. Cuyahoga County Public Library and ReelAbilities Film Festival: Cleveland & Akron will be hosting a film called “No Ordinary Campaign” which will be followed by a community talk out.