Do you know someone who creates opportunities for people with disabilities? Maybe you know an inspiring self-advocate who has a disability? Well, keep reading, because we want to hear from you. Summit DD’s 2018 call for nominations is underway!
For the past two years, Summit DD has brought together community leaders, providers, individuals and families to show appreciation and honor the great work that is happening around us in the developmental disabilities field. Whether it is an individual, a service provider or an organization, we believe their outstanding efforts need to be acknowledged and shared. (See what we mean. Read about previous winners from the 2016 and 2017 Appreciation Breakfast.)
Call for Nominations
Let’s keep the momentum going! Help us find those passionate people that never stop pushing for progress! Nominate someone you believe deserves to be recognized. There are four award categories to choose from. And you can nominate as many people as you would like. Please note, nominations must be received no later than Thursday, February 1, 2018. Download the award nomination form.
2018 Award Categories:
- Community Impact Award: This award honors a person, group or business that is making an impact in the community for people with developmental disabilities. The impact can be a result of any number things including, innovative programs, volunteerism, advocacy, or awareness efforts, to name a few.
- Dottie Schrum Culture Award:This award recognizes an outstanding employee from any organization, whose efforts or service have gone above and beyond to make a difference for those with developmental disabilities.
- Russ Pry Community Leader of the Year Award: This award is named after the late Summit County Executive, Russ Pry who dedicated his career to improving the lives of those in our community. It recognizes a government or business leader in our community who is helping to ensure that communities are more inclusive and that citizens of all abilities have a voice in their community.
- Carlene Weaver Achievement Award: This award will be given to an individual with a developmental disability whose actions or self-advocacy has helped to change perceptions and bring about positive awareness for those with developmental disabilities in their community.
Download the 2018 award nomination form to nominate a person or organization for an award. Be sure to send it (via email or mail) to Summit DD’s Communications department by February 1, 2018:
- For questions or to submit nominations electronically: Please email TPerduk@SummitDD.org
- To submit nominations through standard mail: Please send form and nomination description to Summit DD, Attn: Tricia Perduk, 89 E. Howe Road, Tallmadge, OH 44278
Interested in joining us at this year’s Appreciation Breakfast?
Celebrate March and all abilities by joining us at the 2018 Summit DD Appreciation Breakfast and Awards Celebration. This year’s event will be held on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 from 8:30 – 10:00 a.m. Tables of eight can be purchased for $200, or individual seats can be purchased for $25 each.
Download the 2018 table registration form to reserve your seat(s) for the 2018 Summit DD Appreciation Breakfast and Awards Celebration. Come celebrate DD Awareness Month with us and keep this momentum of inclusion moving forward in our wonderful community.
- To reserve a table or individual seats: Please send form and a check made out to Summit DD to: Summit DD, Attn: Tricia Perduk, 89 E. Howe Road, Tallmadge, OH 44278
Questions about the event?
Please contact Tricia Perduk at 330-634-8877 or TPerduk@SummitDD.org.